There are two activities that I really despise. Running and yard work. And for some reason, in the last two days, I've done both. Awhile back I publicly declared that I was never running another step again. I gave myself permission to quit, something I almost never do. But then last week via good old Facebook, my old running coach posted that she was going to run Monday at 6:15 and anyone could join her. Before I could stop myself, before I could remind myself that I'd quit and that it was OKAY that I quit, I found myself writing her to tell her that I would be there. And I actually went. And I lived. And dammit, I actually feel good. I'm going again on Wednesday. What has gotten in to me?
Tomorrow will mark 4 years since we've signed the next 30 yrs worth of our paychecks over to Chase Mortgage. And for four years I've wanted to clean up the brush that takes up, literally, two-thirds of our yard. And for four years anytime I've attempted to do yard work, the single act of picking up a rake or donning a pair of work gloves has been enough to make me turn around and march right back into the house. Yesterday, for some unknown reason, I got the urge to work in the yard. So with Mike's help and about two and a half hours of non-stop pulling, raking, cutting and tossing, we made enough progress for me to actually *gulp* be excited for the next opportunity to get out there. Really. WHAT has gotten into me?
Keep going! :>)
ReplyDeleteWas that 6:15 AM? Seriously, I couldn't run at any hour, much less in the morning.
As for yard work--I love it, but only when conditions are good. No bugs, no humidity. Is that asking too much?
No, no it was p.m. I don't do things in the morning. Me and mornings don't mix.
ReplyDeleteAnd i hear you about the bugs and humidity. I want to plant a garden SO badly (all those fresh veggies just for us!?!?!) but I can't stand bugs or worms and icky stuff like that. :)